(Click curriculum for lessons and quizzes)
You will learn:
- Frame of reference & Position
- Distance & Displacement
- Speed & Velocity
Some interesting words and phrases
- Physics of motion
- Language of Kinematics
Introduction to Kinematics
Vector and scalar (in the context of physics)
Frame of Reference and Position
Quiz on Frame of Reference and Position
Distance and Displacement
- Distance and Displacement
- Conventions used in Displacement Calculations (Don’t skip)
- Displacement Example: Displacement of a teacher at white board
- Displacement Example: Displacement of a passenger within airplane
- Differentiate between Distance Traveled and Displacement: Example
- When would be distance equal to displacement?
- When will the total distance traveled will be greater than the magnitude of the displacement between two points?
- What do you mean by magnitude of displacement?
Back and forth movement examples
Round trip examples
Quiz on Distance and Displacement
Speed and Velocity
- Fast moving and slow moving objects
- Why to learn about speed and velocity?
- Speed Vs Velocity
- Units of speed and velocity
- Speed, velocity, scalar and vector
- Speed of an object with no movement
- Velocity of a person moving one step forward and one step back rapidly
- How to maximize velocity?
- What does a large displacement in a small amount of time mean?
- Constant speed and varying speed
- What is average speed?
- What is average velocity?
- Average velocity of a passenger moving in airplane
Quiz on Speed and Velocity
Quiz on Acceleration